UK grading system
Time to move to the UK
Dude I would kill for that grading scale
wait, so what is it in america then?
Anything below that is an F
is that real??
Hi everyone!!! This is an art supplies giveaway for me reaching an amount of followers I said I’d do a giveaway at!
Here are the things you’ll be getting, as you can see from the photo!
- 6” by 10” Sketchbook for both wet and dry media
- A bottle of ink, you pick the color, I’ll order it from a specific site
- A fountain pen that comes with the ink from the same site
- 11 colors of Cotman Winsor & Newton watercolors
- 3 brushes
- A drawing of a subject of your choice to go on the first page! You might want to check my art out if you’re unfamiliar with me to see what types of things I usually do
And that’s that. I don’t use any of those watercolor tubes anymore, as I’ve replaced them each with higher quality tubes, so I thought: why not give them away? And I like the fountain pen I’ve been using so much that I think I’d like someone else to try it, too. I’ve also replaced the three brushes I’ve included here, so I don’t need those, either. And a drawing for good measure.
Here are the rules! Please follow these:
- No giveaway blogs. I want more people to actually see this and have a chance at getting something; a lot of artists don’t have a lot of money…
- Reblogs enter you, and a Like helps. You can’t just like - but you can do both to double your chances of just reblogging (if it falls on someone who liked it, I’ll check to see if they reblogged it)
- I’ll be checking the blog that wins to see if you’re an active blog.
- You gotta use these after they arrive! I obviously can’t enforce this, but I want to see people not being timid! Make art! That’s what these are for. I know a thing that stops a lot of people is being scared they’ll mess up and waste expensive supplies… but if this is a gift, that shouldn’t matter!
- This ends on May 24th. If I send an ask and you don’t respond within 2 days, I’ll ask the next person, and so on.
- I will ship anywhere. I’ll pay the shipping.
I think that’s everything. Have fun!!! Good luck!
Ahhhh i would of posted earlier but i just woke up like an hour ago OTL
but i just wanted to say how much fun i had at promstuck last night! it was really great and i met so many great people! Already i cant wait for the next one :)
i was the rose in the all black dress with the amethyst necklace
original comic by Cyanide and Happiness.
dedicated to eoin123 that had the same idea when we saw it.
I dunno if someone already made this parody…but I couldn’t resist.
A lot of people miss the point of Eurovision. The point is not talent or skill or beautiful dresses or love ballads performed soulfully or even continental unity. The point is gaudiness, cheesiness, enthusiasm, and bigger fireworks than the previous contestant. What Eurovision is really, really about is neon rapper squid singing about wanting to fuck you. Tenderly.
Here are some of my favourites that have the point firmly in hand.
- Push the Button - The Teapacks / Israel 2007. What are you doing? How many languages have you sung in over the course of one minute? Is that an accordion? Why are you wearing that? Why is there a rap interlude? Why are you singing about terrorism for Eurovision? WHY THE FUCK NOT.
- OPA! - Giorgios Alkaios & Friends / Greece 2010. I have no idea what this guy is singing about, but it’s catchy and he’s backed up by four incredibly flexible, buff guys in black leather and fingerless gloves. I’m down.
- Dancing Lasha Tumbai - Verka Serduchka / Ukraine 2007. This band wins best costumes from me. We will never again have such perfect silver military disco space squid headpieces on television. Also: very bouncy, very catchy. Also: buttpats. ENTHUSIASM!
- Ovo Je Balkan - Milan Stankovic / Serbia 2010. BALKAN, BALKAN, BALKAN, OVO JE BALKAN, COME ON. I really appreciate countries that send their performers out in traditional dress, those dresses are rad, this fella’s hair is terrible, this song has a wonderful case of the hiccups. In the final minute everyone changes into beautiful/terrible clothing from a teen magazine from 1995.
- Hard Rock Hallelujah - Lordi / Finland 2006. This song won Eurovision in its year. We can point to this and go: see, there is justice in the world. This is Lordi in an Iceland flag hat and an outfit out of Star Trek. IT’S THE AROCKALYPSE. His microphone is an axe.
- Allez, Ola, Ole - Jessy Matador / France 2010. Sequins and bright white pants and hip gyrations and buttpats and a great light show. One fella doesn’t have a shirt on. Thank you, Jessy Matador.
- Eastern European Funk - Inculto / Lithuania 2010. The show is unabashedly silly, the lyrics are a raised middle finger and a wink at all of western Europe, I jam to this so hard. I love the dancing stick figures on the screen. Not to spoil this for you, but at one point they rip their plaid pants off to reveal glitter shorts. Inculto should collab with the Teapacks.
- So Lucky - Zdob si Zdub / Moldova 2011. I don’t know how to sell this better than by saying that until today, an entire subset of my friends will rise up in shouting whenever last year’s competition is brought up that MOLDOVA WAS ROBBED. They should have won. They had it all. The hats, the unicyclist in tulle, the purple trousers, the incomprehensible screen show, the catchy-ass song with enough trumpets to satisfy even me. Moldova was robbed.
- Miss Kiss Kiss Bang - Alex Swings Oscar Sings / Germany 2009. Shiniest pants since Dancing Lasha Tumbai. Sexy backup dancers with high-waisted short shorts. A leather dominatrix lady on a raised sofa.A soft-shoe interlude. Collars so popped they make carbonated soda cry in shame. I can’t tell if the performers legitimately think they are sexy or not. This song is really good, additionally, which is a pleasant bonus. Do the skip-skiddlee-dee. do the heidy-heidy-ho. Do the Gucci bang bang.
- Woki mit deim Popo - Trackshittaz / Austria 2012. These guys got knocked out in the semifinals today. I think we have found our new cause. AUSTRIA WAS ROBBED. Their backup poledancers in the performance today had better outfits, with light-up underpants, not this limeblood Condesce junk. How do you say no to WOKI MIT DEIM POPO and light-up poledancers???? Voters.
IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT EUROVISION IS SOON AND SOME OF YOU HERE ARE NOT PROPERLY EDUCATED IN THE WAYS OF EUROVISIONING
thankfully past ariella is helpful as ever (✿ ∪ ◡ ∪)
im reblogging this so i will remember to view all of these later because.
I’m never gonna forget when Eastern European Funk came out and the Hetalia fandom went fucking ballistic for like 2 weeks. Best thing Hetalia ever introduced me to.
The Hetalia fandom had so much fun with that!
good times good times
its the kelly show: Okay, more on this ineffable women bullshit. -
Because this pissed me off today.
I wrote that — and unfollowed the person I reblogged it from — but I’ve been thinking about it all day. Something I couldn’t articulate. I’d like to try.
This “bah, who can understand women?” bullshit is completely wrong.
We live in a…
I had this conversation with my husband earlier today and I’ll try to break it down with you.
Basically, this guy is all ‘oh but I want equality for EVERYONE!’ yet he is neglecting the fact that since currently there ISN’T equality for women and minorities, we’re going to make a big stink about it because we’re fucking allowed to, and he’s trying to make that seem like making a big stink is a bad thing.
What I told my husband is this: ’because if you believed that everyone should be equal, you’d believe that people who are currently NOT equal are entitled to be angry about that inequality.’
So when women and other minorities make big strides, that’s a thing to be praised and a thing to be looked upon with great excitement because women and other minorities ARE NOT equal, and when we do something that pushes us forward towards equality, that’s something that should be publicized so other people (men women and nonbinary genders alike) can see it and get motivated and see that change is necessary.
Right now, the male sex has a lot of advantages over everyone else. They make more money, hold more positions of power in politics and media, and use the female sex as a commodity. Granted, males are used as a commodity as well, but not NEARLY even remotely as much as the female sex.
If things were perfectly equal and we were all on the same even playing field and everything was completely even between everyone and nobody was being oppressed, that would be great.
Unfortunately, when you have a (presumably) white, heterosexual, cisgendered man complaining about how not ALL men are bad and it’ isn’t fair to HIM that he has to care about feminism because he isn’t part of the problem, he actually is because he’s perpetuating that mindset.
True, not all men are assholes. But a great deal of men are, and that’s who the TED talk was focusing on.
Hope that clears it up.
Also my friend Kelly gave me her two cents:
[12:32:46 AM] kurumi: that guy’s whole spiel was basically “EVERYONE SHOULD BE EQUAL SO DON’T SEPARATE OUT WOMEN FROM MEN” and it’s pretty obvious from societal standards that the guys who say that? they’re not saying that men should be able to be feminine and all that shit
[12:33:07 AM] kurumi: they’re saying that women should just fit into the men’s standards instead of making the standards equal so everyone CAN fit in however they want
[12:33:58 AM] kurumi: they want the puzzle piece from the 100+ cat puzzle to fit into their 250+ dog puzzle, they don’t want to have to go and buy a new puzzle where all the pieces fit together
[12:34:28 AM] kurumi: i think idk i’m having trouble communicating my deepseated loathing for dudes who go “WHY CAN’T EVERYTHING BE EQUAL” when women start being “uppity”
and then my friend roach added her input as well:
[12:44:09 AM] roach: Also yeah I agree with all of this. And it’s absurd to suggest that talking about ways women SPECIFICALLY are victimised by men somehow MAKES them victims.
[12:44:40 AM] roach: Quite a lot of the problems keeping women victimised is the way everyone dismisses their pain and silences their anger.
[12:45:19 AM] roach: Bringing up the ways women and minorities ARE and CONTINUE to be disenfranchised for the comfort and benefit of men and majorities is THE BEST WAY to raise awareness of how this happens
[12:45:25 AM] roach: and work towards a world where it doesn’t.
[12:45:57 AM] roach: to do otherwise is like trying to cure someone’s disease by hitting them every time they say they have a disease
[12:46:03 AM] roach: then call them a big fucking whiner who was lying anyway
[12:46:30 AM] roach: when they finally get tired of getting hit while also being sick
[12:46:34 AM] roach: and say ‘okay fine I’m not sick’
[12:47:07 AM] roach: you can’t work towards a cure if you don’t let sick people tell you how they’re hurting.
(rebloggable by request)
Saying that a man and a woman can’t be “just” friends is like assuming that a bisexual can’t have any friends at all because they might get a sudden urge to fuck them.
rain in the summer is the best thing ever
i wish i didnt have a cold so i could go play in the rain right now
YOU HAVE A SECOND CHANCE TO BE IN A TOTALLY SECRET CLUB
- no following to enter
- just reblog
- you will be messaged if chosen
- no one will know who’s in it or who the creator is
DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS POST